ORONO FAIR TALENT COMPETITION
Saturday, September 9th, 11:00 am
In the arena on the stage
Chairperson: Kassidy Gilroy…. [email protected]
Committee: Ben Smith, Cynthia Lagden, Kimmie Forbes
Calling all… Magicians, Jugglers, Singers, Dancers, Guitarists, Comedians and more!
The Orono Fair Talent Competition is the perfect opportunity for youth ages 8-17 years old to showcase their unique talents.
All youth ages 8-17 are invited to register for this year’s Orono Fair Talent Competition.
Registration opens July 1st – August 31st or until space is full. No entry fee, Pre-registration is required!
1. All participants receive free admission to the Orono Fair
2. Participants must be aged 8-17 years of age on the date of the competition.
3. Each competitor will perform their talent in front of the judges and audience.
4. If singing or using backup music, all songs must be expletive-free (i.e. radio version).
5. Maximum of a five minutes performance per participant.
6. Registration and media forms will be reviewed by the Talent Competition Committee before confirming the participant’s entry.
7. Registration is first come, first serve for each age group. Participants will be confirmed by email. You must receive a confirmation email to ensure your spot is secured in the competition.
8. To register, a registration form and media release form must be filled out and signed by a parent or guardian.
9. Following confirmed registration, all participants will receive information by email with specific details of the competition.
10. Last-minute or non-confirmed registrations might not be accommodated.
11. Only 2 restarts will be allowed per performer – no exceptions.
12. Arrive by 10:30 to check in before the competition. The competition starts at 11 am, you must be in the audience ready to go when your name is called. We will confirm the order with the participants on the day of the performance.
13. The judges’ decision is final.
14. Judging will be based on stage presence, technique, creativity/originality, preparation and overall impression.
15. Placing other than the Top 3 will not be disclosed.
16. Cash prizes for 1st, 2nd & 3rd places.
17. Previous first-place winners that have won in their age division are not qualified to register.
18. The Orono Fair and Talent Competition Committee will not tolerate disrespectful behaviour by performers or their entourage through email or in person at the competition. This will result in being asked to leave and a risk of disqualification.
Prizes: 1st: $50, 2nd: $30, 3rd: $20
1. Junior Division -Participants must be between 8-12 yrs. of age on the date of the competition
2. Senior Division – Participants must be between 13-17 yrs. of age on the date of the competition