DAIRY GOATS CLASS 40
TO REGISTER PLEASE FOLOW THIS LINK http://www.assistexpo.ca/oronofair
Sunday, September 10th ,11am
Chairperson: Barry Van Camp, [email protected]
Judging to begin at 11:00 A.M.
Rules and Regulations:
1. This show is officially sanctioned show of the Canadian Goat Society (C.G.S.) and C.G.S. rules shall govern. Copies of C.G.S. rules may be obtained from the
2. Animals must be on the grounds by 9:00 a.m. and must remain until 5:00 p.m.
3. All animals will be health checked by a committee of three. Any animal not passing inspection must be removed from the show.
4. There is no limit on the number of entries that may be made by an exhibitor.
5. All animals under 6 months of age that are not registered must have an “Application for Registration” present. All animals over 6 months of age must have
original registration papers on site. Proof of registration via Smart Phone will also be accepted.
6. All animals must be legibly tattooed, and tattoos must match the original registration papers. All excess ink must be removed from fresh tattoos.
7. The date for computing age is September 10th , 2023.
8. Goats with hard or distended udders will be disqualified from competition.
9. Animals with horns will be disqualified from showing.
10. All exhibitors must dress in white collared shirts/ blouses and black pants/trousers (non-athletic type).
White pants/trousers (non-athletic type) will also be accepted. Black shorts are also acceptable. No t-shirts,
sweatshirts or tights will be allowed.
11. Substitutions will be allowed as follows:
(a) Two substitutions within a breed per exhibitor.
(b) Substitutions must be made within the same breed and age class and must be made by 9:00 a.m. September 10 th , 2023.
12. No animal may be shown in more than one class except for a “Championship” or “Special” class. All animals shown in “Special” classes must have been
shown in their regular classes.
13. There will be no kidding or recent signs of parturition at the show.
14. Each entry is to be handled by a single exhibitor who is to be competent.
15. Animals will be judged as per order of Sections.
16. All entries must wear a show collar. Lead straps are permitted. HALTERS will not be allowed.
PRIZE MONEY: 1st $30.00, 2nd $25.00, 3rd $20.00, 4th $15.00, 5th $10.00, 6 th $10.00
A – Alpine
B – Saanen
C – Recorded Grade
D – Toggenburg
E – La Mancha
F – Nubian
G – Oberhasli
H – Nigerian Dwarf
JUNIOR SHOW: The Junior Show consists of Does less than two (2) years that are not in milk and have never freshened.
1. Doe kid 3 – 6 months
2. Doe kid 7 – 12 months
3. Doe kid 13 – 24 months
4. Junior Champion, Reserve & Champion (Rosettes)
The Senior Show consists of Does that are in milk.
5. Milk doe 1 year old
6. Milk doe 2 years old
7. Milk doe 3 – 4 years old
8. Milk doe 5 years and older
9. Senior Champion & Reserve Senior Champion (Rosettes)
10. Grand Champion & Reserve Grand Champion (Rosettes)
Specials: (All Breeds Combined)
AB 1 Best Dam & Daughter – $25
AB 2 Best Herd – $25 (4 animals – one breed – bred and owned by exhibitor)
Best Junior Doe in Show – $25
Best Senior Doe in Show – $25
Best Udder – $25 (each breed)