Orono Agricultural Society…Home of the ORONO FAIR
2013 Orono Fair September 5th-September 8th
Small Town Spirit Hometown Grown
BECOME THE NEXT AMBASSADOR OF THE FAIR!
AMBASSADOR OF THE FAIR COMPETITION!
Are you a resident of the Municipality of Clarington? Would you like more information about becoming our Ambassador?
**This is open to Males & Females**
This annual competition will be held on Thursday, September
5th, 2013 at 7:30 pm on the indoor arena stage.
Rules & Regulations:
1. Contestants must have been a resident of Canada for two years and a resident of Clarington for six months prior to the competition.
2. Contestants must be 17 years of age by August 14th, 2013, so that when they compete for the “CNE Ambassador of the Fairs” competition in Toronto in August 2014, they will be 18 years of age.
3. Contestants may not enter more than twice.
4. Contestants will be interviewed by a panel of three judges. The judges will decide the finalist on the basis of community knowledge and involvement, knowledge of the fair and agriculture, personality and presentation.
5. Each contestant will be required to submit a resume, and answer an impromptu question based on its contents. They must also deliver a prepared speech on a topic of their choice, of about 2 minutes in duration.
6. Contestants are required to be available by 4:30 pm on the evening of September 6, 2012 to participate in interviews and a rehearsal. The contestant chosen as Ambassador must be available to attend throughout the duration of the Fair weekend.
7. The successful contestant may not hold another title which the committee deems may be in conflict with their duties as the Orono Fair Ambassador.
8. The Fair Ambassador is to be available to represent the Fair Board at numerous events and functions throughout the year, including but not limited to meetings, the Santa Claus parade, the OAAS Convention in February 2014, and the CNE Ambassador to the Fairs Competition in August 2014.
Anyone interested should contact the committee prior to August 23rd, 2013.
Email or call (905) 983-9006
We Are Seeking Volunteers
Would you like to help us with setup, throughout the 4 days of the fair, take down after the fair or throughout the year? We are looking for mature hard working volunteers. If you are a student we will credit you volunteer hours. To become a volunteer please EMAIL US HERE
Our Country General Store is in need of volunteers at the fair. Volunteers that would like to be a part of our Country General Store will help seek vendors, exhibitors and demonstrators for the store and cooking demonstration area. Help with set up, manning the store over the duration of the fair and take down. This is a very fulfilling volunteer task that allows one to watch idea’s bloom and come to life for many to enjoy. To learn more call Beth at 905-987-3595
or CLICK HERE TO EMAIL HER