MAPLE SYRUP CLASS 47
Chairpersons: Allen and Connie Lagace (905) 786-2197 [email protected]
This competition is open to beginners and 4-H members.
Entries judged under a relaxed set of rules making it easier to compete at a beginner level.
Rules and Regulations:
Entries received until Thursday, September 6th at 1pm in Agriculture Building.
1. Maple syrup must have been produced in current year by person submitting entry.
2. Maple syrup must be shown in 250 ml Kent style glass bottle for judging.
3. Maple syrup must have a minimum brix reading of 66%
1. Maple syrup with brix reading in defined range awarded 20 points.
2. Clarity-clearest, debris-free maple syrup awarded 30 points, next best 25 points, etc
3. Flavour – best tasting maple syrup receives 50 points, next best 45 points, etc.
1st – $20.00 2nd – $15.00 3rd – $10.00 4th- $5.00