General Rules and Regulations
VIOLATION OF RULES
1. Any exhibitor who violates any of the following rules or any rules printed in any of the Classes of the Prize Book shall be liable, upon the decision of the Executive Committee, to the forfeiture of any and all prizes, prize money and awards which may have been awarded to the
exhibitor as well as any entry fees that may have been paid, whether for any entry shown before or after such violation and such exhibitor may be barred from showing at the Orono Fair for such period as the Executive determines.
2. Any member may compete for any and all prizes offeredwith each class, special prizes included.
3. No person shall display any badges or prize tickets untilsuch time as the exhibit has been judged.
4. Any exhibitor protest must be made in writing. This protest must be received by the OAS office no later than the last day of the Fair. It must be accompanied by a deposit of $5.00 which will be forfeited to the Society if the said protest is not sustained. (The deposit will be $25.00 for
all livestock classes). Such protests will be dealt with at the next meeting of the Board of Directors.
DECISION OF JUDGES
5. No person shall interfere with judges while they are performing their duties. The decision of the Judge shall be final in all cases, except where fraud, misrepresentation or collusion is proven. In such cases, the Executive Committee shall make the final decision.
6. All exhibits must be the bonafide property of the exhibitor. Fruit and vegetables must have been grown by the exhibitor.
7. Changing of entry tickets will forfeit any prize awarded in the section concerned.
8. The first prize will be Red, second prize Blue and third prize White.
PAYMENT OF PRIZE MONEY
9. Prize money will be paid after the Fair by cheque. Appropriate deductions from prize money will be made at this time. (i.e. Entry fees)
10. The Society reserves the right to interpret its own rules and regulations. No Director or Officer on behalf of the Society shall make exceptions to the same.
11. All exhibits shall be under the control and direction of the Society but solely at the risk of the exhibitor. The Society will not be responsible for damage, injury, loss or theft of any exhibit, regardless of the cause of such damage, injury or theft. Each exhibitor will be solely responsible for any article exhibited and shall indemnify the Society against all legal or other proceedings in regard thereto.
12. In the event of bad weather, with a consequent loss in gate receipts, the Society reserves the right to pay a percentage of the prize money.
13. The Society will not be responsible for any errors, printing or otherwise, in this Prize Book.
14. Admission will be by authorized instruments i.e. passes,bracelet, gold card,etc.
15. All livestock exhibitors are required to file with the Office Administrator of the OAS written proof of an existing liability insurance policy which will indemnify the Society for any damages from liability resulting from the exhibition of livestock at the fair.