FIELD CROPS CLASS 43
Chairperson: Tom Barrie 623-6330
Committee: Stan Found 436-2528 Wm. Tamblyn 983-5550
Rules and Regulations:
1. Entry deadline is August 24 for sections #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7 and # 8.
2. All exhibits must have been grown during the current year and the variety named.
3. Only one entry per exhibitor per section will be allowed.
4. Only one exhibitor will be allowed per section from any farm, firm, or family unit.
5. All exhibits must be grown by the exhibitor.
6. Exhibits are to be in the hands of the committee, before 12 noon Thursday, September 5th in the Agricultural Building or they cannot be judged.
7. Exhibits must be picked up at 4:00 p.m Sunday September 8th
Entry Fees: 10% of prize winnings.
Prize Money: (Section 9 & 10) $20.00; $15.00; $10.00; $8.00; 6 to 10th $7.00.
1. Two soybean plants including root, any variety
2. Barley, four litres any variety
3. Oat, four litres any variety
4. Fall Wheat, four litres any variety
5. Mixed grain, four litres.
6. 10 ears of corn
7. Mixed hay, first cutting, 12” slice of square bale or equivalent quantity from large round bale.
8. Mixed hay, second or later cutting, 12” slice of square bale or equivalent quantity from large round bale.
9. Corn for silage, sheaf of corn consisting of 8 stalks
JACK CRUICKSHANK MEMORIAL AWARD – Trophy to be awarded to the top exhibitor in Class 43 in memory of Jack Cruickshank, a past president of the fair and a longtime exhibitor at Orono and other fairs.
Sponsored by the Cruickshank family.