AMBASSADOR TO THE FAIR CONTEST 2019
September 5th, 2019 at 7:30 pm on the indoor arena stage
**This is open to Males & Females**
This annual competition will be held on Thursday,
Rules and Regulations:
1. Contestants must have been a resident of Canada for two years and a resident of Clarington for six months prior to the competition.
2. Contestants must be a minimum of 17 years of age by August 14th 2019, so that when they compete for the “CNE Ambassador of the Fairs” competition in Toronto in August 2019, they will be 18 years of age.
3. Contestants may not enter more than twice. 4. Contestants will be interviewed by a panel of three judges. The judges will decide the finalist on the basis of
community knowledge and involvement, knowledge of the fair and agriculture, personality and presentation.
5. Each contestant will be required to submit a resume, and answer an impromptu question based on its contents. They must also deliver a prepared speech on a topic of their choice, of about 2 minutes in duration.
6. Contestants are required to be available by 4:30pm on the evening of the September 5th, 2019 to participate in interviews and a rehearsal. The contestant chosen as Ambassador must be available to attend throughout the duration of the Fair weekend.
7. The successful contestant may not hold another title which the committee deems may be in conflict with their duties as the Orono Fair Ambassador.
8. The Fair Ambassador is required to be available to represent the Orono Agricultural Society at numerous events and functions throughout the year, including but not limited to meetings, the Santa Claus parade, the OAAS convention in February 2020, and the CNE Ambassador to the Fairs Competition in August 2019.
Anyone interested should contact the Chairperson of the committee prior to August 24th 2019.
Alex Breen, Chairperson…….([email protected])
GOOD LUCK to all contestants! We extend our very sincere thanks to all those who have donated prizes and sponsored our contestants. A complete list of prizes and sponsors will be displayed at the competition.
The Ambassador shall receive:
A sash or medallion, tiara, and a bouquet of flowers (courtesy of the Orono Agricultural Society).
All Contestants shall receive: A sash and $50 from their sponsors, and a bouquet of flowers (courtesy of the Orono Agricultural Society).