FIELD CROPS CLASS 43
TO REGISTER PLEASE FOLOW THIS LINK http://www,assistexpo.ca/oronofair
Chairperson: Tom Barrie 905-623-6330
Committee: Stan Found, Bill Tamblyn
Rules and Regulations:
1. Entry deadline is August 31, 2022, for sections 1 – 8.
2. All exhibits must have been grown during the current year and the variety named.
3. Only one entry per exhibitor per section will be allowed.
4. Only one exhibitor will be allowed per section from any farm, firm, or family unit.
5. All exhibits must be grown by the exhibitor.
6. Exhibits are to be in the hands of the committee before 12:00 noon on Thursday, September 8th in the Agricultural Building, otherwise, they cannot be judged.
7. Exhibits must be picked up at 4:00 p.m. Sunday, September 11th .
Entry Fees: 10% of prize winnings.
Prize money: $20.00; $15.00; $10.00; $8.00; 6th to 10th $7.00.
1. Two soybean plants including root, any variety.
2. Barley, four litres, any variety.
3. Oat, four litres, any variety.
4. Fall Wheat, four litres, any variety.
5. Mixed Grain, four litres.
6. 10 ears of corn.
7. Mixed hay, first cutting, 12” slice of square bale or equivalent quantity from large round bale.
8. Mixed hay, second or later cutting, 12” slice of square bale or equivalent quantity from large round bale.
9. Corn for silage, sheaf of corn consisting of 8 stalks.
JACK CRUICKSHANK MEMORIAL AWARD
Trophy to be awarded to the top exhibitor in Class 43 in memory of Jack Cruickshank, a past
president of the fair and a longtime exhibitor at Orono and other fairs. Sponsored by the